hi

Showing posts with label Kunduz. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Kunduz. Show all posts

Friday, 4 November 2016

Khattak must not misguide masses, says Nisar.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

5ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has eulogized Islamabad Police and Law Enforcement Agencies for establishing writ of the sate during critical period in the Federal Capital.
Addressing Police Darbar in Islamabad today [Thursday], he said that government is well aware of the responsibility of police and Law Enforcement Agencies.
He said the government has increased salaries and facilities of Police and Enforcement Agencies which will further be enhanced in future.
The Interior Minister rejected KPK Chief Minister’s assertion and said that Frontier Constabulary and other Law Enforcement Agencies belong to Pakistan and not to a particular province which maintained law and order. He said these agencies should not be dragged in politics.
He said extra security and full protocol were given to Pervez Khattak as KPK Chief Minster and added that he is welcomed to Islamabad as Chief Minister. Chaudhry Nisar asked him not to misguide the public to achieve the motives.
Ch. Nisar Ali Khan said that government in order to maintain law and order barred those groups who are bent to spread violence in the Capital. He said a particular group is not allowed to paralyze the capital as Pakistan is a nuclear state.
The Interior Minister rejected propaganda about permission given to Difa-e-Pakistan Council to hold a public meeting in Islamabad despite imposition of Section-144.
He said the Council sought permission and accepted conditions proposed by the district administration for the purpose. He also reminded critics that DPC is not a outlawed organization as it includes parties like PML(Q), Jamat-e-Islami and JUI(Sami).
Ch. Nisar Ali Khan said salaries of FC personnel are being increased by fifty percent immediately and remaining fifty percent would be hiked in June next year. He said a new recruit would get about thirty thousand rupees a month as against about seventeen thousand at the moment. He said FC personnel would also get internal security allowance irrespective of where they are deployed.
The Minister said it would be his endeavour to have a major hospital, colleges and university for children and families of the FC personnel.
He announced award of Commendation Certificates and prize of fifty thousand rupee each for the ten thousand FC personnel who were deployed for security duties in Islamabad and Punjab during political tension.

30 Afghan killed as NATO makes airstrikes in Kunduz .
                                                                      


9KUNDUZ: At least 30 Afghan civilians, including women and children, were killed in a NATO airstrike Thursday in the volatile northern province of Kunduz, officials said.
The strike occurred early Thursday after a firefight killed two US soldiers and three Afghan special forces during an anti-Taliban operation in Kunduz.
It was not immediately clear if the two incidents were related, but the killings highlight growing insecurity after the Taliban last month overran Kunduz city for the second time in a year.
“Afghan forces and coalition troops conducted a joint operation against the Taliban insurgents. In the bombardment 30 Afghan civilians were martyred and 25 others were wounded,” provincial spokesman Mahmood Danish told media.
Police spokesman Mahmoodullah Akbari gave the same toll to media, adding that the dead included infants aged as young as three months and other children.
“They were asleep when their house came under attack by coalition troops,” Akbari said.
In a brief statement on Twitter, NATO conceded it was behind the airstrike.
“Airstrikes were conducted in #Kunduz to defend friendly forces under fire. All civilian casualty claims will be investigated,” it said.
Emotionally-charged protests erupted in Kunduz after the airstrike, with dozens of relatives of those killed in the airstrike rallying outside the governor´s office, carrying the bodies of victims.
“I am heartbroken. I have lost seven members of my family. I want to know, why these innocent children were killed? Were they Taliban?” said Taza Gul, a 55-year-old labourer.